NEW! 2024 Benefits Information
- Open Enrollment & Webinar Information
- 2024 Open Enrollment Guide
- 2024 Guía de Inscripción Abierta
- Additional Benefits
- Spousal Attestation Form
- 2023 UMR SPD
2023 Guides and Handbooks
UMR Health and RxBenefits
- Spousal Attestation Form
- RxBenefits English
- RxBenefits Espanol
- 2022 UMR SPD
- Plan A SBC
- Plan B SBC
- UMR No Surprises Act
- This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and include negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and health care providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Life and Supplemental Care
- The Hartford – Summary
- The Hartford Life and Supplemental Care
- Resumen de Beneficios del Seguro Temporal, Colectivo, Basico
- EOI Form
- Commonly Used Forms
- UltiPro Login
- Spousal Attestation Form
Please note that Effective January 1, 2020, dependent spouses whose employer offers health insurance coverage will no longer be eligible for coverage under Goodwill of NWNC’s medical plan. To continue your spouse’s coverage or enroll in new medical coverage, please complete this form in its entirety and return it via email to email@example.com. Please note that if you plan to cover your Spouse on the medical plan and do not complete and submit this form, you will receive the appropriate level coverage.
- UMR Reimbursement Form
- What benefits does Goodwill offer?Goodwill offers benefits to all full-time employees. Part-time employees may also qualify for certain benefits. Benefits include Medical,Vision Reimbursement, Prescription, Teladoc®, Dental, Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent care), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Accidental Death & Dismemberment , Company-Paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance (employee, spouse & children), Tuition Reimbursement, 403b, Pension, FMLA, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability. Medical, Dental and Flexible Spending insurance deductions are pre-tax and employees may enroll within 30 days of eligibility or during our annual open enrollment period. Note: Once an employee enrolls in the medical plan, dental or flexible spending account (FSA) he/she cannot drop/change coverage unless there is a qualifying event or during the annual open enrollment period. . Goodwill also has special employee discounts (20- 70% off on movies, hotels, shows, concerts and more) though Tickets at Work.
- What if I am injured on the job?Contact MEDCOR (1 800-775-5866) for immediate medical care when you are injured at work and let your manager or a lead know. They will call with you and will provide you with the information you need, if you are sent to a doctor, including an EmployeeInjuryPacket and drug test. Make sure to read the packet carefully and keep your management informed.
- Does Goodwill offer paid time off?Yes. Our plan combines non-working time (sick/vacation/holiday) into one group of paid hours (Paid Time Off or PTO). PTO must be approved through your supervisor and planning ahead is important to ensure department business needs are covered. The earnings rate varies based on years of service and details can be found in our Employee Benefits Summary under Paid Time Off. A list of the current Holiday schedule can be seen here
- What if I need assistance performing my job due to a disabling condition?Goodwill values the contributions of all team members and promotes an interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to do any of the following without support due to a personal disability on the part of the employee or applicant as defined under the ADA/ADAA. Please contact the Hartford and submit the requested medical information to initiate a request for reasonable accommodation. The Hartford can be contacted by phone at 888-301-5615 or via their website.
- What happens if I am having concerns or issues at work?Goodwill encourages open communication between employees and their managers. Go to your Manager first and let you Manager try to fix the problem. If you have asked your Manager about the problem and they are unable to help OR if you are not comfortable talking to them, you can go to your Manager’s Manager. Goodwill also has an Employee Relations team that can try to help you. You can reach them by emailing ER@goodwillnwnc.org or by calling the Fraud and Ethics Hotline confidentially at 866-397-6601.
- What happens if I am ready to retire or leave Goodwill?Paperwork will be sent to you after your termination date. Many of your benefits will end on the last day of your employment. If you had benefits while employed at Goodwill, you will receive a Termination Letter which will explain what your options and responsibilities are. You will receive a letter approximately in the middle of the month describing your options under our pension plan. You are also welcome to speak with your Human Resource Generalist to get help.
- Medical, Vision and PrescriptionUMR is our medical carrier. You can enroll if you are hired as or become a full-time regular employee and at Open Enrollment or if you have a qualifying event. Medical benefits begin the 1st day of the month after (or coinciding with) your month of eligibility (ex: if you begin 01/04/22 your benefits would be effective 03/01/22).
Employees who elect medical coverage through UMR are automatically enrolled for Community Eye Care (CEC) vision insurance. You will be enrolled at the same coverage level as you are in the medical insurance, i.e. if you are enrolled as Employee Only Medical, you will be enrolled in employee-only vision. If you need to contact CEC please call 888-254-4290.
- DentalDelta Dental of North Carolina is our current dental carrier. If you are eligible and enroll in dental insurance, benefits begin the 1st day of the month after (or coinciding with) a month of eligibility. Dental insurance is a separate deduction and can be elected with or without Medical insurance. You may visit any dentist; however, by choosing a dentist that is participating in the Delta Dental network, your out of pocket costs will be lower. Once enrolled, you may print ID cards, check EOB’s (Explanation of Benefits) and more here.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program is a no cost benefit to all Goodwill employees and spouse/children under 26. This program is fully paid by Goodwill in an effort to support employees’ health and well-being through basic telephone advice and consultation as well as referrals to local providers for 6 consultations. For more information visit them at:
- TeladocAll Goodwill part time and full time regular (non-temporary) employees also have access to Teladoc® – a no cost program which gives employees access to medical advice 24/7 online or by telephone and medical information through the Teladoc® website or telephone 1-800-Teladoc (835-2362).
- Life Insurance, STD and LTDGoodwill offers free basic life insurance to full-time employees as well as supplemental coverage for self, spouse and children. All full-time employees are given short-term disability for free. This covers 60% of one’s annual salary. Long-term disability is offered for administrative and salary staff.
- 403(b) RetirementThis allows employees to set money aside for retirement during their working years. Goodwill offers either a traditional pre-tax 403(b) or a Roth 403(b) savings program. Employees can enroll at any time by going to https://myaccount.ascensus.com/rplink. Once you create an account you can enroll, make changes, disenroll, do a rollover or get your quarterly statements, etc. If you have trouble logging in or have questions, please contact Ascensus at 866-809-8146.
For your convenience, here are the most commonly requested forms/plan details:
- Money Purchase Pension Plan
All Goodwill employees ages 21 and older are eligible for our pension plan. This is a retirement plan that includes funds contributed by the employer that will generate additional income to the employee when they retire. Goodwill contributes an equal amount to 10% of your annual salary to the pension plan once employees become eligible. Employees vest (take ownership) of funds over a 6 year period starting at the second year of eligible service. Goodwill offers this benefit without cost or contribution to all eligible employees. You cannot withdraw, take loans from or otherwise use this fund unless you leave Goodwill. This is an automatic enrollment once you are eligible. To view your account got to https://myaccount.ascensus.com/rplink.
- Money Purchase Pension Plan Summary Plan Description
- Money Purchase Pension Plan Information Security and Privacy
- Money Purchase Pension Plan – Tools and Tips for Successful Financial Planning
- Beneficiary Form for Money Purchase Pension Plan
- Special Employee Discounts
Goodwill offers a complimentary discount program that gives employees access to 20 – 70% off on movies, hotels, shows, concerts, sporting events and more. Follow these simple instructions below to sign up for these complimentary perks:
- Click on this link https://ticketsatwork.com/tickets/account.php?sub=enroll
- Complete the information to become a member (Select sign up with a company code)
- Use company code Goodwill NWNC
- Use your company (or) personal email
- Complete the rest of the form, then select submit
- Need assistance? Call Toll Free: (800) 331-6483 or Local/International: (407) 393-5862