Goodwill Meeting Room Terms and Conditions – Use by Partnering Organizations and Agencies
The following terms and conditions apply to meeting rooms at Goodwill’s Career Center, 1616 Patton Avenue in Asheville:
Goodwill meeting rooms are available to nonprofit organizations and other agencies that actively partner with Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina in the advancement of its mission. For-profit companies for which Goodwill has hosted a job fair are not considered active partners of Goodwill.
- Goodwill’s meeting rooms are available during Goodwill’s normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Meeting rooms are not available on weekends.
- The organization reserving the meeting space must also be the organization that is using the space.
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the event and are accepted no earlier than 90 days in advance of the event.
- A Goodwill Room Reservation Form (see below) must be completed for each reservation. Before submitting the agreement, partner agencies must verify partner status and confirm room availability with Toryn Stewart, Goodwill skills training administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 828-298-9023 ext. 11161. Reservations are not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from Toryn Stewart.
- Meetings for which there is an admission fee are not permitted.
- Meetings which pertain to partisan governmental agencies or initiatives or religious affiliations are not permitted.
Goodwill Meeting Room Policies
Organizations reserving space and meeting attendees must follow the policies below:
- Access to the projector includes a laptop. Organizations are encouraged to bring their presentations on USB or access them via the Internet.
- Attendees are not permitted to rearrange room setup.
- Food and beverages will not be provided by Goodwill, but light refreshments, coffee and box lunches may be brought in with prior approval. Vending machines are also available for meetings that need to break for refreshments.
- Alcohol is not permitted at any function held on Goodwill premises.
- AV equipment is available in each meeting room. Goodwill/partner program staff are responsible for turning off all equipment before leaving the room. If equipment is left on, damaged, or missing, a minimum fee of $200 will be charged to to help cover the substantial costs incurred by Goodwill to replace or repair the equipment.
- All persons accessing the meeting rooms must display a Goodwill visitor badge or a company badge at all times.
- A organization representative must be present in the main lobby to register meeting attendees and issue ID badges prior to the event.
- The hanging, taping or otherwise adhering of posters or other materials on the walls of the meeting rooms is NOT permitted for any reason.
Meeting Services Contact
Toryn Stewart, Skills Training Administrator
828-298-9023 x11161, email@example.com