With a potential recession on the horizon, it’s an ideal time to job seekers to learn about opportunities for training in high-demand careers.
Forsyth Tech and Goodwill are hosting a Skills Training Open House on Tuesday, Dec. 6, at the Goodwill Workforce Development Center (2701 University Parkway, Winston-Salem). The open house will take place from 9 a.m.-1 p.m., and from 6-8 p.m.
Attendees will be able to learn about more than 20 training classes and certification programs that are offered at the Goodwill Workforce Development Center in partnership with Forsyth Tech, TransTech and other agencies. Those training programs cover several in-demand career fields, including:
- Skilled trades, such as welding, HVAC and facilities maintenance
- Health care, including Nurse Aide, medical office technology and pharmacy assistant
- Early childhood development
- Culinary skills
- Professional truck driver training
- Forklift certification
- Access Center Adult High School
Prospective students will also be able to learn about financial assistance, support services and other resources available from both Goodwill and Forsyth Tech.
Pre-registration is recommended. Learn more and register at https://goodwill.forsythtech.edu/.