Goodwill® offers free career development opportunities to help people reach their personal and professional goals. Goodwill’s virtual training options enable job seekers to access a wide range of employment and training services where and when they need them. Upcoming training options are listed below and updated regularly. Register for a specific event using the links below or email for more information. All virtual training services are FREE unless otherwise noted. To get the latest on virtual services, register for Goodwill’s e-newsletter, distributed twice per month. Prefer to meet in person? Goodwill’s Career Centers are open and offer free, personalized assistance in your job search. Find the Career Center nearest you.
Webinar: Speaking with Confidence
Speaking is a skill. Just like riding a bike or installing a sink, it can be improved with practice. In this webinar, you will learn ways to improve your speaking skills to help you perform better during interviews and to advance in your career.
When: Wednesday, May 5 | 1:30 – 2 p.m.
We’ll discuss proven methods to:
- Project your voice to display confidence
- Organize your responses to interview questions to highlight your talents
- Provide succinct communication in meetings
We will be joined by guest speaker Margaret Morris, Communication Coach, Triad Speech Consultants. Please join us so you can brush up on your communication skills and begin speaking with confidence!
Career Quest: Find the Field that Fits
Are you thinking about a career but don’t know how to get your foot in the door? Career Quest offers free webinars from professionals in industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, skilled trades, retail, services, and hospitality. Join a discussion where you’ll learn what businesses have to offer and participate in a live Q and A session. All events are free, but registration is required. New events frequently added so check back often or follow us on Facebook.
When: Thursdays at 10 a.m. ET
Register: Career Quest on Eventbrite
- April 22 – Careers in Hospitality – Kimpton Hotel Arras representatives will discuss the wide variety of roles in the field of hospitality and the excellent career opportunities they offer.
- April 29 – Inside Amazon Fulfillment – Get an inside look at what goes on in an Amazon Fulfillment Center. Learn about the career opportunities at Amazon and how they fit into one of the most complex logistics systems in history.
- May 27 – Manufacturing Roles – modern manufacturing plants are complex and involve a wide range of opportunities. Learn about the roles and functions you’ll find in almost any manufacturing plant and the promising career paths at Mills Manufacturing.
On Demand Training
Goodwill offers free virtual training on demand so you can learn at your pace and on your schedule. Click on the links below to get started:
- Job Search 101 – Get in the right mindset to increase your chances of job search success.
- Resume 101 – Learn how to translate your skills into an effective resume.
- Interview 101 – Do’s and don’ts and tips for interview success.
- Rock Your First 90 Days on the Job – You got the job but your work is just beginning!
Project Re-entry Series: From Justice-Involved to Employee of the Month
Are you a justice-involved individual who is seeking employment during the COVID-19 pandemic? We’ll cover all aspects of the virtual job search from various platforms to virtual interviews and share time-tested best practices. Join us each Tuesday to speak live with a Project Re-entry employment specialist. See upcoming topics, below.
When: Tuesdays, 1-1:30 p.m. ET
Register: Email to register or call 828-774-8231
- Finding Your Job Search Mindset – 1st Tuesday
- Creating a World-Class Resume – 2nd Tuesday
- Application Tips to Screen You In – 3rd Tuesday
- Sealing the Deal During Your Interview – 4th Tuesday
Free Zoom Classes
We are offering free classes via Zoom web conferencing. Join these live classes from the safety and convenience of your own home. All you need is a computer or laptop that has a microphone and camera and you can be on your way to earning a certificate in Guest Service Gold or honing your skills in Networking: Keys to Career Success.
Register: Email for class schedule or to register.
ed2go Webinar: Success in an Online Class
Interested in taking an online course? Let Goodwill help through our scholarship program. We have a large list of classes to help you meet your educational and employment goals. Online courses are informative, fun, convenient and highly interactive. To learn more, join our “Free ed2go Webinar” on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and Thursdays at 2 p.m. ET. In this webinar, you’ll learn about taking classes on the ed2go platform, tips for being successful when taking online classes, details of our scholarship program. To view a list of some of the classes available through ed2go, visit ed2go-Class-List.
When: Tuesdays, 10-11 a.m. (ET) and Thursdays, 2-3 p.m. (ET)
Register: Tuesday sessions; Thursday sessions
LinkedIn Webinars – Beginner/Intermediate Users
Whether you’re looking for a job or just want to improve your professional presence online, knowing how to use LinkedIn is an essential skill. The Professional Center by Goodwill® offers weekly LinkedIn webinars where you can get personalized guidance and instruction. Learn about creating a compelling profile, posting content, invitations, recommendations, job searches, and general strategies.
When: Thursdays, 10 a.m. – Noon (ET)
Register: Email to register.
LinkedIn Webinars – Experienced Users
Whether you’re looking for a job or just want to improve your professional presence online, knowing how to use LinkedIn is an essential skill. Goodwill’s “Tuesdays@2” live Q&A sessions offer experienced LinkedIn users the opportunity to engage with Professional Center Director Randy Wooden.
When: Tuesdays, 2-3 p.m. (ET)
Register: Email to register.