Goodwill’s HR Department Information Summary
The Human Resources Department’s primary purpose is to promote a work environment characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communication, trust and mutual respect. Our department ensures that policies are effective and understandable, that benefits are in place to support our employees’ needs and that employee concerns are addressed quickly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What benefits does Goodwill offer?Goodwill offers benefits to all full-time employees. Part-time employees may also qualify for certain benefits. Benefits include Medical,Vision Reimbursement, Prescription, Teladoc®, Dental, Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent care), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Accidental Death & Dismemberment , Company-Paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance (employee, spouse & children), Tuition Reimbursement, 403b, Pension, FMLA, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability. Medical, Dental and Flexible Spending insurance deductions are pre-tax and employees may enroll within 30 days of eligibility or during our annual open enrollment period. Note: Once an employee enrolls in the medical plan, dental or flexible spending account (FSA) he/she cannot drop/change coverage unless there is a qualifying event or during the annual open enrollment period. For a complete summary of benefits and more detailed information, view our Employee Benefits Summary. Goodwill also encourages healthy living and proactive health options as seen on Healthwise (the employee wellness page) and special employee discounts (20- 70% off on movies, hotels, shows, concerts and more)..
- What if I am injured on the job?Contact MEDCOR (1 800-775-5866) for immediate medical care when you are injured at work and let your manager or a lead know. They will call with you and will provide you with the information you need, if you are sent to a doctor, including an EmployeeInjuryPacket and drug test. Make sure to read the packet carefully and keep your management informed.
- - Where can I find the employee handbook?You can view the Employee Handbook here or ask your Manager for a copy..
- Does Goodwill offer paid time off>Yes. Our plan combines non-working time (sick/vacation/holiday) into one group of paid hours (Paid Time Off or PTO). PTO must be approved through your supervisor and planning ahead is important to ensure department business needs are covered. The earnings rate varies based on years of service and details can be found in our Employee Benefits Summary under Paid Time Off. A list of the current Holiday schedule can be seen here
- Can I apply for other positions at Goodwill?Absolutely! Employees may search jobs in UltiPro (Myself, My Company, View Opportunities). If you are interested, let your manager know. In general, during your introductory period, a manager will not refer you for a promotion.If your manager believes that your work performance and values merit a change in position, you should complete the online application. Your manager will contact the Hiring Manager in order to let them know that you have applied. You may also contact the Hiring Manager to express interest.
- What if I need assistance performing my job due to a disabling condition?Goodwill values the contributions of all team members and promotes an interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to do any of the following without support due to a personal disability on the part of the employee or applicant as defined under the ADA/ADAA:
- apply for a job/complete the hiring process •complete the essential functions of their job or to gain access to the workplace •receive certain benefits of the job, such as attending training or other company sponsored events, as examples
Please complete the Reasonable Accommodation Request form and submit as indicated on the form to initiate a request for reasonable accommodation.
In certain cases, Goodwill may need to contact your medical provider to verify your medical requirements and determine a satisfactory accommodation if needed. Please complete the ADA Authorization of Release of Information form to ensure Goodwill is able to access this information.
Goodwill encourages open communication between employees and their Manager. Go to your Manager first and let your Manager try to fix the problem. If you have asked your Manager about the problem and they are unable to help OR if you are not comfortable talking to them, go to your Manager’s Manager. You can always come to Human Resources as well- talk to your Human Resource Generalist or call the general number and speak to Human Resources. Goodwill also has a Fraud and Ethics Hotline that you can call confidentially at (866) 397-6601.
- titlePaperwork will be sent to you after your termination date. Many of your benefits will end on the last day of your employment. If you had benefits while employed at Goodwill, you will receive a Termination Letter which will explain what your options and responsibilities are. You will receive a letter approximately in the middle of the month describing your options under our pension plan. You are also welcome to speak with your Human Resource Generalist to get help.
Here are some import forms:
- Enhanced Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
- Non Enhanced Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
- 2019 Benefits Summary
- Medical/Vision Reimbursement Form
- UMR Online Access Link
- UMR Health Benefit Summary Plan Description
- Physician Confirmation Form
- 2016 Wellness Plan SAR
- Generic OptumRX Medications List
- Teladoc® Access Link
- Teladoc ® Summary Plan Description
- Delta Dental Reimbursement Form
- Delta Dental Access Link
- Dental Summary Plan Description