Goodwill Rowan County Career Center
1923 South Main Street, Salisbury NC 28144
Programs and Services
Career Connections – Goodwill’s Rowan County Career Connections Center offers free, personalized services to help job seekers including resume-writing assistance, skills assessment, career coaching, access to computers, help with interviewing skills and job placement services. Center staff also work closely with employers to help them fill employment gaps by matching them with qualified candidates who are ready to work. The Center hosts job fairs free of charge for area businesses and can provide screening services and other resources to streamline the process. Services offered at the Center include:
- Career Planning
- Resume Building
- Job Search Assistance
- Hot Jobs Resources (jobs in the area that are hiring)
- Mock Interviews
- Online and Paper Application Assistance
- Center Resources (computers, telephone, fax machine, job fair/hiring events on location)
The Center also provides resources for Continuing Education in partnership with Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. Rowan County Career Connections is open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. Contact: Rosa Adkins, firstname.lastname@example.org, (704) 638-6434.
View the current Rowan County Career Connections Center schedule.
Project Re-entry – Offers employment and training services that help former offenders find jobs and become productive members of the community. Goodwill partners with the Criminal Justice Department of the Piedmont Triad Regional Council and prisons within the Department of Public Safety to offer a system of pre- and post-release services that begin with inmates up to eighteen months prior to release. Long-term services continue after the inmates are released. Contact: Tiffany Erb, email@example.com, (704) 638-6433.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) – Builds skills in reading, writing, problem-solving, and math computation to help adults function in society, in the workplace or in personal life. This program will build a foundation for further education and better employment opportunities. These classes are designed to instruct students on life-long skills that are vital for a successful future. ABE instruction is free for all students. Upon completion of the ABE program, students are encouraged to enroll in the High School Equivalency (GED) program or some other program that will help the student get a job, keep a job or do better on the job. Contact: Johnny Brown, A.B.E. Instructor, (704) 638-6434.
Veterans Services – Provides free services to help veterans and military families find meaningful employment and financial stability through free employment assistance services, including career assessment, planning and coaching, job skills training, resume preparation, job placement, career readiness certification and more. Contact: Donovan Hamm, firstname.lastname@example.org, (704) 638-6434.
- Veterans Intake & Employment Workshop (VIEW) – In collaboration with community partners, our goal is to educate and provide supportive services to veterans to eliminate barriers to employment. The session includes introducing the veterans to various community partners so they may gain more knowledge about services that are available to them in the community and enhance their personal and professional growth, as well as strive to reach their employment goals. The veterans also have the opportunity to speak with someone about benefits. A local employer is feature each month to discuss and answer questions about proper interviewing techniques and their expectations of potential employees. The veterans can attend a computer class learning basic computer skills. The sessions are held on the first two Fridays of each month. Contact: Donovan Hamm, email@example.com, (704) 638-6434.
- VA Application Workshop – The VA Application Workshop is one of many free services offered at Career Connections. The purpose of the workshop is to help job seekers navigate through the federal government application process. The workshop is held every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:30am. Contact: Rosa Adkins, firstname.lastname@example.org, (704) 638-6434.