For the latest information on hours of operation, event cancellations and postponements, and class schedules, click HERE. We have established an Information Line for questions and concerns at (336) 714-3039 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear Friends of Goodwill,
Many people depend on Goodwill to keep them safe and healthy while also relying on us for support to sustain themselves and their families. We take seriously our responsibility to maintain this balance and are committed to providing a safe environment for all whom we serve.
We at Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina are very concerned about coronavirus (COVID-19) and are doing all we can to prevent its spread and to protect our customers, donors, employees, program participants, and community partners.
We have been monitoring recommendations from national, regional, and local authorities and are taking the following actions to do our part to help prevent the spread of the illness and to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers, and those we serve:
- Instituting additional cleaning and sanitizing protocols in all stores and facilities.
- Providing additional flexibility for our employees to work from home when possible and adjust their schedules as needed, and ensuring uninterrupted pay for a period of time should an employee be required to be out of the workplace due to a COVID-19-related illness.
- Continuing to offer our employment and training programs through virtual technology.
- Postponing events larger than 15 people in any of our facilities and conducting meetings virtually as much as possible.
- Suspending all non-essential business travel.
So why are our stores, career centers, and donation sites still open? Because Goodwill is needed.
Goodwill is more than just a store. The revenue generated through the sale of donated items in our stores funds employment and training programs that help tens of thousands of people in northwest North Carolina each year find hope, opportunity and jobs.
We are working very hard to maintain operations and services as long as we can do so safely. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we may adjust our approach and response. Until then, we will continue to follow the guidelines that have been provided to us and work to maintain a safe and clean environment for all whom we serve.
Art Gibel, President and CEO
Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Inc.