Goodwill’s Iredell County Workforce Development Center
124 4th Crescent Place, Statesville, NC 28625
Programs and Services
Career Connections Center
- Description: Career Connections Centers offer free, personalized services to aid in your job search and job search preparation including: resume-writing assistance, application assistance, skills assessment, career coaching, access to computers, help with interviewing skills and job placement services. We are focused on providing assistance and resources to individuals throughout their job searching process. Our center serves as a resource to our community and its individuals needing assistance with their job search. Our facility also hosts hiring events and job fairs. In addition, we provide resources to Continuing Education as we partner with Mitchell Community College in our endeavor to provide job readiness to our participants. Job postings are updated regularly in Career Connections and postings of upcoming hiring events and workshops at Goodwill’s Iredell County Career Center. View the current Iredell County Career Connections Center schedule.
- Hours: Career Connections is open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. We ask that all participants come during our operating hours of 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Qualifications: Open to the public
- Contact: Jordan Joines, firstname.lastname@example.org or Michel Johnston, email@example.com, (704) 873-5005
- Description: Our program’s mission is to connect United States Armed Forces Veterans and their families with the work and support they need. This program is designed to serve those who served by assisting them and their families with the following: Assessment and Planning, Career Coaching, Resume Preparation, LinkedIn Profile Setup, Job Skills Training, Job Placement, Career Readiness Certification.
- Qualifications: In order to become a participant in this program, the person must be a Veteran of any United States Armed Service branch, be the spouse of a Veteran, or the dependent of a Veteran. Documentation is needed upon enrollment.
- Contact: Todd Holmes Jr., firstname.lastname@example.org, (704) 873-5005 ext. 1413
Life Enrichment Program
- Description: This program aids in teaching and providing information as related to the following fields: health, education, independence, and employability. Classes are offered 3 days a week; Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays from 9am-1pm at the Goodwill Workforce Development Center. These programs are designed for those who desire employment and would benefit from additional skills to be successful on the job.
- Qualifications: No referral needed.
- Contact: Kaye Webster, email@example.com, (704) 873-5005 ext. 1403
DVR – Employment Specialist
- Description: This program is designed to provide individualized services to determine vocational strengths and identify interests, work behaviors, training needs and suitable areas of employment. This individualized approach allows program participants to achieve their vocational goals. In addition, the employment specialist will help with: assessment and planning, career coaching, resume preparation, Career Readiness Certification, wellness support, education, job readiness, and skills training.
- Qualifications: A referral from our partner, Vocational Rehabilitation, is needed in order to begin services.
- Contact: Savannah Stahl, firstname.lastname@example.org, (704) 873-5005 ext. 1411
Iredell Crosby Scholars
- Description: The goal of the program is to prepare students personally, academically, and financially for the post-secondary educational credential that best fits their interests, abilities, and goals. By partnering with local schools, and especially the guidance counselors, Crosby staff and volunteers provide resources to students and their families to ensure that students who dream of a college education (certificate, two- or four-year) are able to obtain one. The program accepts new students at the start of each new school year.
- Qualifications: Must be a middle or high school student in a public school within Iredell County.
- Contact: Suzanne Wegmiller, email@example.com, (704) 873-5005 ext. 1408, crosbyscholarsiredell.org
Work First Program – Job Readiness Program
- Description: Referrals received directly from the Iredell County Department of Social Services for Work First Participants who apply and are able to work become enrolled in a two-to-three-week program, as determined by their caseworker to fulfill the component of job search training under TANF. Each participant will complete training modules in the following areas: job search, job applications, resume preparation, interviewing, networking, and other soft skills training. In addition to becoming self-sufficient, an ultimate goal of program is to assist in job placement and secure skills that will enhance their ability to sell themselves to employers.
- Qualifications: Must be referred through Iredell County Department of Social Services.
- Contact: Laverne Parker-Daye, firstname.lastname@example.org, (704) 873-5005 ext. 1416
- Description: This program provides transition services for former offenders during and after incarceration. Project Re-entry works with the NC Department of Public Safety to provide a system of pre- and post-release services that begin with inmates up to eighteen months prior to release. Long-term services continue after the participants are released. Goodwill offers employment and training services that help former offenders find jobs and become productive members of the community.
- Qualifications: Must have a criminal background.
- Contact: Wendy Martin, email@example.com, (704) 873-5005 ext. 1409
EDGE (Employment Development Generates Enrichment)
- Description: The EDGE (Employment Development Generates Enrichment) program was created to assist those who may not be referred to Goodwill through formalized vocational programs. It is our goal to make available our expertise by helping individuals with barriers to employment as they seek to become self-sufficient. A participant can be in the EDGE Program for up to 6 months and can gain: temporary income, paid work experience, self-sufficiency coaching, and transferable skills.
- Qualifications: Must be enrolled in another Goodwill Program.
- Contact: Jimmie Yang, firstname.lastname@example.org, (828) 465-0371 ext. 1620
Skills Training Classes
- Description: Goodwill partners with Mitchell Community College to offer skills training classes at our Iredell County Workforce Development Center. Classes include CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant), CNA 2, CNA Refresher Course, CCMA (Certified Clinical Medical Assistant) and basic computer skills training classes.
- Contact: Joyce Chambers, email@example.com, (704) 878-4311.