As a Goodwill Insider, you are entering into an agreement with Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina (hereinafter known as “Goodwill”) as an independent contractor (hereinafter known as “Goodwill Insider”). Please read the following information carefully. Goodwill Insiders must complete this agreement prior to their first collaboration with Goodwill, and if it has been more than 12 months since the previous collaboration.
WHEREAS, Goodwill is a non-profit organization serving 31 counties in northwest North Carolina, committed to assisting people with disabilities and other disadvantaging conditions to obtain jobs and job training;
WHEREAS, Goodwill Insider is a media and video content creator for social media platforms using the handles listed on the agreement form;
In furtherance of the collaboration, each party agrees as follows:
Goodwill agrees to:
- Provide Goodwill Insider with gift card in the amount previously agreed upon, which may be used at any Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina retail or outlet store.
- Provide talking points to Goodwill Insider regarding the Goodwill mission and the content topic, including relevant hashtags, links to landing pages, dates of sales or promotions, etc., which Goodwill Insider is encouraged to adapt to their own voice.
- Promote the Goodwill Insider’s post(s) on Goodwill’s social media channels, including re-posts with tags to Insider’s profile.
Goodwill Insider agrees to:
- Make content publicly viewable on Instagram using one of following options:
- Use Creator or Business account;
- Make profile public for duration of collaboration period; or
- Send photo and/or video content to Goodwill with the understanding that Goodwill will post the content on its platforms with credit to the Goodwill Insider.
- Use provided gift card to purchase items sufficient to produce agreed upon content (photos and/or video). Remaining balance may be kept Insider’s personal use.
- Create high-quality, original photo and/or video content about the agreed upon topic.
- Clearly state in post that content is supported by Goodwill (e.g., “Thanks to Goodwill for the gift card;” “Post made in partnership with Goodwill;” etc.) in compliance with social platforms’ requirements.
- Share media on personal/creator social profile during agreed upon time range. Media may be shared in separate posts or in one post with multiple images. Posts must tag Goodwill at @goodwillnwnc. Media and text of post must not:
- Use profanity or offensive language (keep it PG-rated).
- Denigrate any person or group based on race or ethnicity; gender identity; sexual orientation; age; physical or developmental disability; or political affiliation.
- Disparage Goodwill or its program participants, shoppers or donors in any way.
- Infringe any patent, copyright, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- Within 7-10 days of post(s), provide Goodwill with report of post views, likes, comments and/or re-shares (e.g., screenshot of post or Post Insights) using the Insiders Metrics Form provided.
- Acknowledge that Goodwill may make modifications to and make additional uses of the media content, including (but not limited to) re-sharing after the initial collaboration period, without additional compensation other than that noted above.
Each party shall indemnify and hold harmless the other, its officers, directors, employees, members and agents, and each of them from any claims, actions, demands or liabilities whatsoever that may arise out of any act or omission, breach of this Agreement, or other activity conducted by the other in connection with this Agreement.
Each agrees not to disclose any information reasonably considered to be confidential or proprietary information of the other.
Either party may terminate this agreement with 10 days written notification to the other sent to the addresses noted below.
Any materials created prior to the date of this Agreement shall belong to the party that created them. Deliverables created during the term of this Agreement shall be belong to Goodwill in all rights, title and interest as a work made for hire, unless otherwise specified in writing and signed by both parties.
This Agreement shall be governed, enforced, performed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina. No other agreements exist that govern the relationship of the parties. Each represents and warrants that the undersigned has full authority to enter into this Agreement.
The parties have caused this Agreement to be executed as of the date of the submission of this form.
Social Media Influencer Agreement
To terminate this agreement within 10 days, Goodwill Insider must contact Sara E. Butner, Goodwill Communications Manager at 336-724-3621 or email.