Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools, and Indeed.com, are teaming up to hold a drive-thru job fair on Friday, Oct. 30, from 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The job fair will be held at Parkland High School, 1600 Brewer Road in Winston-Salem.
Full and part time positions with the school system are available in the following categories:
- Groundskeepers (full-time and seasonal)
- Painters & Paint Crew Leaders
- HVAC PM Technician
- Grounds Pest Control Tech
- Energy Manager
- Electrical Apprentice
- General Building Technician
- Area Leader, Custodial
- Heavy Goods Mover, and
- Bus Drivers & Bus Driver Assistants
“Currently, there is a real demand for bus drivers and their assistants,” said Andrew Ward, regional workforce development manager for Goodwill. “In fact, right now the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County schools have more than 92 job openings for bus drivers, and more than 370 openings for bus driver assistants.”
Anyone applying to be a bus driver must:
- be at least 18 years old
- have a valid NC driver’s license with at least six months driving experience
- have the ability to obtain and maintain a Class B CDL
- have no DWI convictions within the past seven years
- have no more than three moving violation convictions within the past seven years
Duties for a bus driver assistant include:
- Collect student attestation forms
- Assist with seating charts
- Load and unload bus
- Light cleaning and disinfecting
- Ensure proper mask etiquette
- Interact with parents
- Assist the driver with other health and safety concerns as needed
Registration is required for this drive-thru-only job fair, and attendance is limited.
Applicants must register on Indeed at https://events.indeed.com/event/69910/.
Candidates should bring copies of their resumes to the event. For more information, call Goodwill’s Career Center at 336-724-3621, or visit the Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools at https://bit.ly/3nI9boW.
Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that has served the local community since 1926. Through the sale of donated items in its stores, Goodwill provides employment and training programs that help more than 30,000 people each year find jobs and reach financial stability.
About the Indeed + Goodwill® Partnership:
Indeed and Goodwill® are working together to help people find jobs. Job seekers who have received skills training, employment or career services from Goodwill can build an online resume on Indeed, easily apply to jobs, and be discovered by employers. Learn more at partner.indeed.com/goodwill.