Goodwill’s Healthwise Challenge is an opportunity to build a wellness community at work that we hope will become a positive impact to you, your family, your Goodwill team and the entire organization. If you are an employee who is looking to make a change to become a better you, and supporting others who are striving to do the same, then we ask you to consider joining us on this journey!
- Goodwill’s Healthwise Challenge is open to all regular part-time and full-time employees of Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Inc.
- Employees must be actively employed by Goodwill at the time of various prize drawings throughout the challenge. To be eligible for final prize drawings, the employee must be employed throughout the duration of the challenge.
- Eligible employees must submit from one (1) to four (4) goals at the beginning of the challenge. A goal can be from any of the four areas or one from each area, if desired. An employee’s name will be submitted in the prize drawings only once, regardless of the number of goals submitted.
- To be eligible for the final prize drawings, employees must submit an updated goal near the end of the challenge to show completion of the goal.
The Healthwise Challenge will begin March 1, 2018 and will end June 30, 2018.
The deadline for goal entries is March 5, 2018. [Submit goals from link on main Healthwise page.]
On March 7, 2018, Goodwill will have prize drawings for those who joined the challenge.
Updated goals must be received by July 6, 2018. [Submit updated goals from link on main Healthwise page.]
Final prize drawings for those who completed a goal will be held on July 9, 2018.
Eligible entries will be drawn at random to win fabulous prizes that include:
Fitbit Ionic Watch Fitness Trackers
Fitbit Alta Fitness Trackers
PTO Time (“A Wellness Day”)
Ready to share your personal wellness goal? Here are a few things to remember:
- Use of your photo/story. Employees who submit goals are authorizing Goodwill to use their photo/wellness story (both submission and updates) on the website and in printed materials for use in current/future wellness marketing campaigns. This means that stories and photos can and will be seen by other Goodwill employees and on the website, which can be viewed externally by those having access to the site (see disclaimer on goal submission form).
- Appropriate content only. Submissions that include photos/goals that are inappropriate in content/scenery will be disqualified from the challenge. Goodwill will use a reasonable person standard to ensure entries are appropriate including clothing, language and content.
- Keep personal information private. Please do not share photos/goals with personal identifying information on it. For example, if you choose a financial goal, please do not take a picture of your credit card statement with personal information on it.
- Share successes and failures for yourself. Others need to know that not everyone attains their goals as fast as they want to and being realistic may help someone else who is struggling as well.
- Encourage team members to help less-experienced members. A smile and someone who listens goes a long way. It only takes a minute of your time to offer a tip to encourage them to get to their goals.
- Be warm and inviting. A study found that people whose leaders were warm and inviting were the most motivated to complete the task at hand. Why not be a part of that?
- Show respect among all participants. We all struggle with different things. Not everyone will reach their goal in the same way that you do. Keep in mind that people may progress at different levels. This challenge is not about perfection… it is about progress!
- Share your goals with your coworkers. Coworkers who feel a strong sense of connection with others’ wellness goals will be more motivated than those who are simply trying alone. Let’s encourage one another along the journey! Communicate your passion and values in a way that inspires and motivates others.
Questions or comments? Contact Tracy Bush, Benefits Coordinator, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at extension 1278 in Winston-Salem.