Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Inc. (“Goodwill”) My Goodwill Story Photo Contest Rules
By submitting a photo of your Goodwill find to the My Goodwill Story Photo Contest from January 23, 2017 to June 6, you are entering to win prizes as follows:
- Round 1 Prize: $100 cash and $50 Goodwill Industries of Northwest NC Gift Card* (1 winner)
- Round 2 Prize: $100 cash and $50 Goodwill Industries of Northwest NC Gift Card* (1 winner)
- Round 3 Prize: $100 cash and $50 Goodwill Industries of Northwest NC Gift Card* (1 winner)
- Grand Prize: $500 cash and $50 Goodwill Industries of Northwest NC Gift Card* (1 winner; entries in all four categories eligible)
*Gift cards are only valid at Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina retail stores. For a list of locations, visit www.goodwillnwnc.org/shop/locations/.
Contest Details and Winner Selection
- Contestants upload JPEG images to www.mygoodwillstory.org from January 23, 2017 to June 6, 2017.
- Photos will be posted on Goodwill’s Facebook and Instagram with #mygoodwillstory. Each post will include a description and biographical information provided by the contestant.
- Facebook and Instagram users vote on their favorites by Liking and Sharing.
- Winners in each category will be selected using a combination of social media user votes and a panel selected by Goodwill.
- Monthly winners will be notified via email and announced publicly on www.facebook.com/GoodwillNWNC and www.goodwillnwnc.org.
Round 1: Fabulous Finds
- Description: Your favorite outfit, head-to-toe fashion ensemble, or a single item purchase that steals the show.
- Enter: January 23 – February 11
- Facebook/Instagram Voting: February 16 – February 21
- Winner announced: February 23
Round 2: Goodwill’s in the House
- Description: A “diamond in the rough” item or raw material find turned into a one-of-a-kind treasure, including clothing, décor and furniture.
- Enter: March 2 – April 15
- Facebook/Instagram Voting: April 16-25
- Winner announced: April 27
Round 3: Spring Zing
- Description: Whether it’s spring break, prom, graduation or beach season – celebrate the return of warm weather with your springiest (and summery-est!) Goodwill finds.
- Enter: May 4 – June 3
- Facebook/Instagram Voting: June 4 – June 13
- Winner announced: June 15
Grand Prize: Best My Goodwill Story
- Entries taken during all three rounds.
- Winner announced: June 26
General Contest Rules
- Void outside North Carolina and where prohibited by law.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Employees of Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, its subsidiaries, the contracted agencies involved in the development and execution of this contest and immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each, and those living in the same household) of the above are ineligible.
- Participants may enter and win multiple contests.
- Participants may only submit one (1) entry per contest.
- There may be multiple winners per contest depending on prize.
- Prize winners will be notified by email and announced on www.facebook.com/GoodwillNWNC/ and www.goodwillnwnc.org.
- Odds of winning are based on the number of entries submitted.
- The winner must claim the prize within 72 hours of email notification by responding by email or phone. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within the required time period, he/she forfeits the applicable prize and he/she will be disqualified from further consideration.
- Failure to comply with these requirements and or the Official Rules for any reason, return of prize notification or prize as un-deliverable or disqualification of any winner for any reason will result in forfeiture of applicable prize.
- If a potential contest prize winner forfeits a prize or is disqualified for any reason, Goodwill will select an alternate potential winner. If a potential contest winner forfeits a prize or is disqualified for any reason, Goodwill will select from all eligible entries received during the contest period an alternate potential winner. This course of action may continue until the particular prize is won and claimed, or for up to three (3) alternates (after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded), whichever occurs first (if time permits).
- As a condition of entering, entrants agree:
- To release Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, its respected affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, its sales representatives, distributors, administrators, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (“Promotional Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the delivery, awarding, receipt, possession, typos, misspellings, and/or use or misuse of the entry form and/or prize
- Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for the actual out-of-pocket expenses;
- All causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to the out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Goodwill is not responsible for late, lost, mutilated or mis-delivered, illegible, incomplete, or postage-due mail.
- All decisions made by Goodwill will be final and conclusive.
- Except where prohibited, submitting a photo to Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina for the 2017 My Goodwill Story Photo Contest constitutes consent from the entrant to use that photo along with his/her name, likeness, and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter invented without territorial or time limitation.
- Entrants must have rights to the photo they submit. Entrants who submit photos that constitute a copyright violation will be immediately disqualified.
- Goodwill may at its sole discretion suspend or terminate the contest by posting a notice should any causes arise beyond the control of Goodwill.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- A purchase does not increase your chance of winning.
- Questions about this promotion may be directed to: Jaymie Eichorn, Goodwill VP Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org.