Taylorsville, N.C., January 14, 2016 – Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina held a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Thursday, January 14 for the grand opening of its first GoodBUYS store. The store is located at 781 NC HWY 16 South in Taylorsville.
The GoodBUYS store features clothing, shoes, home décor and other items that were previously available at Goodwill retail stores but are now being offered at a special price.
“We are testing this new concept in smaller communities where our traditional retail store might not make sense,” said Jaymie Eichorn, Goodwill vice president of Marketing and Communications. “GoodBUYS is similar to the clearance section of a traditional retail store, only it is in a separate location.”
Dozens of customers braved temperatures in the 20s to be the first to experience the new store and shopping traffic remained steady throughout opening day. Numerous Alexander County and Town of Taylorsville officials attended and participated in the ribbon-cutting ceremony, including:
- Alexander County Sheriff Chris Bowman
- Taylorsville Police Chief Dennis James
- Taylorsville Town Councilman Ronnie Robinette
- Alexander County Economic Development Corporate Director David Icenhour
- Alexander County Commissioner Ronnie Reese
- Taylorsville Town Manager David Odom
View pictures from the event on Goodwill’s Flickr page.
The new GoodBUYS store employs ten people and is open Monday through Saturday, 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. and Sunday 1:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. Donations of goods are accepted at the store.
Sample Items and Pricing:
• Adult Shoes, Children’s Shoes – $1.75
• Handbags, Belts, Ties, Gloves, Hats, Scarves – $0.75
• Sheets, Blankets, Bedspreads, Curtains – $1.00
• Towels, Hand Towels, Washcloths – $0.75
• Men’s Clothing, Women’s Clothing – $1.75
• Children’s Clothing – $1.00