Winston-Salem, NC (January 18, 2018) – Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina has named five outstanding individuals to serve on its Board of Directors for a three-year term. The new Board members are: Panissa Caldwell; Michael Clements; Lester Davis; Anc Newman; and Johnny Sigers.
- Panissa B. Caldwell graduated Winston-Salem State University with a BS in Nursing, and holds a Master’s degree from Pfeiffer University. Currently Panissa is Director of Clinical Services for Novant Health Medical Group and instructor for Forsyth Tech Community College. Her professional memberships include Chi Eta Phi Nursing Sorority, Inc. and the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing. In 2017 she was honored with MBA Diversity’s “Top 100 under 50”. Panissa resides in Winston-Salem with her husband, Michael, and their son, Triston.
- Michael L. Clements graduated Shaw University with a BS in Biology, and earned his Master’s in Social Work from UNC. He is the retired Vice President for Community Investment at the Winston-Salem Foundation, where he oversaw the Scholarship and Grants Departments. He is also the former director of the Downtown Health Plaza, for which he was instrumental in the creation and development. This is Michael’s second term serving on the Goodwill Board.
- Lester Davis is a former Marine and is now employed as a chef with The Twin City Quarter. Lester received his training from Triad Community Kitchen Culinary School, and was recently named Employee of the Year with The Twin City Quarter. Lester resides in Winston-Salem, has two children, and enjoys spending time with his grandchildren.
- Anc Newman, a graduate of the University of North Carolina, is Senior Vice President of Aon Risk Services. He also serves as Board Chair of Crosby Scholars, and is a member of the board of trustees for the Arts Council of Forsyth County. Anc and his wife Jenny reside in Winston-Salem.
- Johnny Sigers graduated North Carolina A&T State University with a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering, and is currently employed at Samet Corporation. Johnny is an Eagle Scout and volunteers his time as an Assistant Scout Master with Boy Scouts of America, Troop 916. Johnny and his wife Michelle reside in Winston-Salem with their two children, Jackson and Madison.