Goodwill has been closely monitoring the rapidly changing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Based on guidance from public health experts, we are adopting a strategy of social distancing for the safety of our employees, visitors, volunteers, and program participants. We will continue to update this page as information is made available. Thank you for your understanding and your continued support of Goodwill’s mission.
Retail Stores and Attended Donation Centers
In accordance with COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place and Safe-at-Home mandates, all Goodwill retail stores and donation centers are temporarily closed.
Workforce Development and Career Centers
Goodwill Career Centers are providing virtual services but are temporarily closed to walk-in customers. Visit goodwillonthego.org for virtual resources or contact your local career center or NCWorks Career Center with specific questions.
After careful consideration, we have decided to postpone or cancel the following events, classes and workshops:
- VITA Tax Preparation – cancelled at Prosperity Center (Winston-Salem), University Parkway (Winston-Salem), Statesville Workforce Development Center and Conover Career Connections Center
- Rethink Goodwill Community Tours – Winston-Salem, March 25 – postponed, date TBA and March 26 – cancelled
- Getting Ahead in a Just Gettin’ By World – Winston-Salem, spring session – cancelled
- LinkedIn Workshop – Elkin, April 1
- Access Center Grand Opening – Asheville, April 8 – postponed, date TBA
- Professional Center Resource Access Fair – Winston-Salem, April 15 – cancelled
- Weekly hiring events – Conover Career Connections Center; call (828) 466-2346 for more information.
- Weekly hiring events – Asheville Workforce Development Center; call 828-298-9023 for more information.
- Weekly and monthly hiring events – Winston-Salem Workforce Development Center (2701 University Parkway) and Career Connections Center (2760 Peters Creek Parkway); call 336-724-3621 for more information.
For information on specific classes or events not listed above, please contact your local Goodwill Career Center.