Goodwill Industries was founded over 100 years ago based on the principle of a “hand up, not a handout”. Today, this mission is supported through the sale of donated items in Goodwill stores which funds training programs that help people find jobs and reach financial stability. However, there are times when a temporary handout is needed to help families through difficult situations. Through the Good Neighbor initiative, Goodwill partners with other nonprofit agencies to meet this need in the community.
Please note the following Good Neighbor guidelines:
- Vouchers can only be given to nonprofit organizations.
- Vouchers cannot be issued to individuals.
- All requests for Good Neighbor assistance must be submitted electronically using the form below. Faxed and mailed requests will not be accepted.
- All requests must include a description of the circumstances which prompted the need for a voucher.
- Vouchers are only valid at Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina stores. For a list of locations, click here.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for vouchers to be delivered.
The Good Neighbor program is an opportunity for Goodwill to provide comfort and peace of mind to individuals and families in need. For more information, please email email@example.com.